I bought something from QVC. My first ever QVC purchase actually.
And... it was a beauty box. The TILI, "Try It, Love It", beauty box. And, I must admit, I love it so far!
I haven't tried loads of the beauty sub boxes on the market, BUT I have been loyal to my Birchbox subscription for over two years now, and I've bought the Glamour Edit boxes when they're available and contain a few products I know I like/want to try.
I love the present-to-self parcel in the post each month, and the beauty treats allow me to try the odd high end product, gain a few useful full size items, and at worst, stock up on some quality minis to take on weekends away. The only reservation I now have with my Birchbox sub is that sometimes there's more items that are OK, rather than they're great, and maybe it's the parcel in the post I sometimes enjoy more than the items!
But, the TILI box isn't a traditional monthly sub box. From what I understand it's a quarterly sold box (though that may be more often?!), you can view what's going to be in the box before hitting purchase, and it's sub-free. The box was £20, I got free delivery (though I'm not sure if that's standard), and personally I feel the sample sizes are fairly decent when you remember the price of the box and the number of samples included.
I'd read about the TILI box on Rebecca's gorgeous blog, From Roses, and after seeing that it had a really decent sample size Alpha-H Liquid Gold within it, plus a mini Roller Lash mascara, the cost covered it's arse in those two products for me hence my desire to purchase.
So what's in it?
1. Alpha-H Liquid Gold Rose: a rose scented version of the classic Liquid Gold. I have used up two 50ml samples now since Christmas , and I love this product for effectiveness, and for being such a simple to use great skincare beauty product. When this sample from the TILI box runs out, I *will* finally make a full size purchase because I love this stuff, hence looking for sample sizes of it within beauty boxes! (A quick Google search has shown me that the 100ml size is £33.50 so I'mpretty chuffed with my 50ml sample size!)
2. Benefit Roller Lash: a great mascara in the miniature sample size. I have used this mascara before and I like it, and weirdly, tell me if I'm the only one, but I like a mini mascara to use sometimes in comparison to a full size one. I like that it gets to that nice dried out stage almost instantly, and I like handling a smaller one probably because you have greater control of the wand.
3. Erno Laszlo Cleansing Oil and Bar duo: I've never used this duo before, but I do love a cleansing oil for immediate make up melting appeal. So far, I've enjoyed this product. I find it effective at removing make up and cleansing, and facially my skin feels lovely after it... but for me, I find it a little stingy on the eyes.
4. OPI Fiji Collection Nail Polish: I've got the lavender hued "Polly want a lacquer" shade, and whilst I'm not usually (read, ever) a purple girl, this is a well pigmented quality varnish and a bit of fun for over summer.
5. Vita Liberata 10 Minute Tan: although I'm brunette I'm pretty fair skinned and therefore don't possess a natural golden glow! I've also always been pretty shit at slapping on fake tan, but this year I have been *trying* to get better at it as I really do love the confidence a little extra colour on your bare legs can bring. So, with that said, I was looking forward to trying this. I've been getting better at the ol' fake tanning and my cheap and cheerful St Moritz has been working out well, so I was surprised that this much pricier product left me streaky and more orange toned than natural glowed. I'm sure there's a great appeal if you're after something you don't need to wander about waiting to dry/sleep in, but for me the streaks and the tint just weren't right.
6. It Cosmetics CC Cream: a very small sample, *but* a nice little product to try. Probably not something I'd feel the need to purchase full size, as I'm happy with the items I use, but it's nice for a simple fresh faced look.
7. Julien Farel Vitamin Shampoo and Conditioner: I use Tresemme shampoo and conditioner as standard, not for any particular reason more than I like that they are often on offer and come in big bottles, so there's less need for repeat purchasing. My hair fares pretty well with it too! However, a luxe hair wash is a nice treat, and this duo certainly delivers that!
8. Ultrasun Face SPF30: this is the second sample of this product I've had in my facial kit drawer, and it's a lovely face spf for day to day use. It goes well under make up and doesn't give too much eye irritation to cause eye make up run.
9. Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser: I have read so many glowing reviews of this cleanser and whilst I'm not averse to the product, I haven't used up fully yet another sample of this I had so it's clearly not a favourite... I love the scent and the creamy texture, however, I don't find it great for make up removal, and I sometimes end up a little pink cheeked, but not in a good way... for a simple morning cleanse when I want a great scent though, I'll enjoy it!
I certainly feel this box delivered more good samples than blah ones, and I'm sure the sucker in me for cutesy sample sizes and trials of more beauty products will see me purchasing this box again. Thanks QVC for creating a great little box!
NOTE: This is ***NOT*** A SPONSORED POST, I just REALLY liked this little box of great quality beauty products and wanted to get back on the blog writing wagon after an age had passed by so fast since my last one, with something trivial, simple, and fun! I hope you enjoyed my round up!